- About Us
- Contact Us
- Get Involved
Regional HIV/AIDS Connection serves the six counties of Perth, Huron, Lambton, Elgin, Middlesex and Oxford.
- Practical support, counselling services and programming to diverse populations of people living with and affected by issues related to HIV/AIDS.
- Education about safer sex and ways to prevent getting or giving HIV, stigma and discrimination with respect to living with HIV as well as homosexuality, testing for HIV and Hepatitis C, and issues related to telling people (disclosing) your HIV status.
- Needle and syringe program for injection drug users to reduce the transmission of HIV, Hepatitis C and other blood-borne infections.
- Strong relationships with people in our communities such as other community organizations, people interested in HIV/AIDS information and volunteers who help us meet our mission through fundraising.
We work to:
- Increase access to medical, practical and psychosocial services for people living with or affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Integrate and coordinate programs and services for People Living with HIV/AIDS (PHAs).
- Provide HIV/AIDS educational and outreach materials to the community.
- Establish partnerships to strengthen our ability to provide effective services in each community.
- Continually identify needs and solutions for people and communities affected by HIV/AIDS in southwestern Ontario.
- Develop Hepatitis C programming and services as we strive to respond to the growing need in our community.
Our mandate is to:
- Improve quality of life for those living with & affected by HIV/AIDS
- Reduce the number of new HIV infections
- Increase community awareness about HIV/AIDS
Our service users include thousands of people: those living with HIV/AIDS, their partners, family & friends, and those who are concerned about HIV/AIDS - anyone at risk for HIV, and anyone who provides services to people with, or at risk for, HIV.
All our services are free and confidential.
We are a registered charitable corporation, #11877 9008 RR0001.
START Guide Information:
Regional HIV/AIDS Connection is annually audited by the START Monitoring Body to ensure we are operating in accordance with defined community service standards for youth serving organizations. START is an acronym that stands for;
Street and vulnerable youth service standards that provide:
To ensure consistent support for youth
Regional HIV/AIDS Connection (RHAC) respects your privacy. We protect your personal information and adhere to all legislative requirements with respect to protecting privacy. The information you provide will be used to deliver services and to keep you informed and up-to-date on the activities of RHAC, including programs, services, special events, funding needs, opportunities to volunteer or to give, open houses and other periodic contacts.
If at any time you wish to be removed from any of these contacts, simply contact 519-434-1601 or call toll free 1-866-920-1601 or email at email@example.com, and we will gladly accommodate your request.
RHAC's Privacy Officer (PO) can be reached at 519-434-1601 or toll free at 1-866-920-1601.