- About Us
- Contact Us
- Get Involved
Book a Presentation
Thank you for your interest in our progressive educational platform. We look forward to providing you the most current and up-to-date information about HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C. Due to the high volume of requests, we recommend you submit your request at least 2 weeks prior to the proposed presentation date.
Topics we can speak about:
- Agency overview of programs & services.
- The Basics of HIV/AIDS - beginner, intermediate and advanced levels.
- The Basics of Hepatitis C (HCV).
- HIV/AIDS, sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and sexual health/risk reduction.
- HIV epidemiology and current research.
- Counterpoint Harm Reduction/ “Safe Points”
- H.i.M.M.M. - Health in Middlesex Men Matters community based research project.
- B.L.A.C.CH. - Black, African, Caribbean Canadian Health Study.
- HIV/AIDS universal precautions.
- HIV/AIDS stigma & discrimination.
- The impacts of homophobia on the incidence of HIV infection.
- Building a Safer Space - gay/straight alliances in high schools.
For any questions, comments or concerns please contact: Meredith Fraser, Director of Education, phone: 519-434-1601 x 230, fax: 519-434-1843.
Download a Presentation Request Form.
Please note our services are free, but honorariums are appreciated and will be used to support RHAC’s free client programs. Without fundraised dollars, many of these free programs would not exist:
- Country Cupboard Food Bank - assistance to supplement essential nutritional needs.
- Wellness Assistance Fund - provides life-saving medications to our clients.
- Client Holiday Dinner - annual opportunity to socialize and partake in a nutritious, festive meal.
- AIDS Vigil - two regional events for our communities to remember, honour and celebrate.
- PHA (people living with HIV/AIDS) Retreat - a time to educate, socialize and address client wellness.
- PHA Lunch and Learns - educational forum for clients.
- Monthly Support Groups - help address barriers of isolation by bringing clients together for activities & fellowship.
- SHARE - Stories of HIV/AIDS Related Experiences - a client-based speaking group to educate the public.
- Open Closet - a social support group for at risk LGBTQ youth 14-18 years.