- About Us
- Contact Us
- Get Involved
With Hepatitis C?
Living with Hep C
Whether you decide to get treatment or not there are a few things that everyone with hep C should think about doing to stay healthy:
- Get the hepatitis A and B vaccines if you haven’t already been infected so your hep C doesn’t get worse.
- See your healthcare provider for regular check-ups.
- Try to cut back on alcohol, tobacco, and drugs to prevent further damage to your liver
- Get light or moderate exercise to keep you fit and give you energy.
- Take a break when you need one.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet that includes lots of fruits and vegetables and is low in fat and sodium.
- Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water every day.
- Avoid or reduce stress.
- Practice safer sex.
- Maintain friendships and social contacts.
- Join a hep C support group.