To our valued community members,
For 35 years, Regional HIV/AIDS Connection (RHAC) has committed to the health and wellbeing of the people we serve. Our ongoing response to novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is guided by this longstanding principle as we take action to protect the health and safety of service users, staff, volunteers, and community members.
RHAC is implementing the following measures to ensure your safety, as well as the safety of our team, including:
- On-site and phone screening for COVID-19 symptoms
- Non-essential service staff will be supported to work remotely
- Strict adherence to universal precautions and pandemic mitigation hygiene standards
- Suspension of engagement in all “in person” community/stakeholder meetings
- RHAC board will use technology to conduct governance business
The following programming will be impacted as of March 17, until further notice:
- Couch crew drop in is suspended
- Social support groups are cancelled
- A Taste for Life is cancelled
- LGBTQ Open Closet social support group is cancelled
- Scheduled Community Partner Outreach and related Drop In Outreach is cancelled
- (on site) HIV/HCV testing is cancelled
- Public speaking engagements and education sessions are suspended
The following programs will continue as scheduled:
- John Gordon Home - 24/7 residential care
- Carepoint/Counterpoint - 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Outreach Van (Counterpoint) for people who use substances –door drop off only
- Country Cupboard – temporary home delivery beginning in April
- HIV/HCV Client Support Services – using phone as primary source of contact
RHAC will continue to closely monitor this situation and follow the recommendations of Canada’s public health authorities.
Thank you to our community partners, staff, and volunteers for working with us to deliver the best possible care and support. RHAC will post updates to this information each Monday or as needed.
Wishing health and wellness to everyone during this challenging time.
For additional information about COVID-19: