The past number of months we have all adjusted to many changes in our community as we worked together to reduce the spread of COVID 19. To ensure the health and wellness of our community, RHAC has followed all COVID response recommendations of public health and government directives. At this stage I am pleased to advise that we have determined a plan to expand available services at 186 King Street.
RHAC continued to provide “essential” on-site services throughout these past 6 months and we also delivered additional important services utilizing remote/virtual approaches. Throughout this time we have remained committed to serving the needs of people living with, affected by or at risk for HIV and HCV or vulnerable to opioid poisoning (overdose).
Effective Monday, September 14th we are pleased to let you know that we will begin to increase available on site services at 186 King Street. These services will be accessible by appointment or by drop in.
Staff from HIV/HCV Support Services will be on site to provide a range of supports including:
- Case management supports, peer support, Country Cupboard (food bank) and more
- Various community partners will be scheduled at 186 King for on-site HIV/HCV testing and more.
All individuals accessing services on site will be subject to the following requirements:
- Standard COVID 19 screening questions
- Wear a mask while on site (a mask will be provided as necessary)
- Use of hand sanitizer upon entry to RHAC premises, and continuous regular use throughout their visit
- NOTE: All RHAC staff and on-site partners participate in daily COVID-19 screening prior to entering the workplace
The 186 King Street entrance has controlled access. Individuals who intend to access RHAC through the King Street entrance simply need to take the following steps:
- Use the vestibule buzzer # 4003. RHAC staff will let individuals into the building
- Remain in lobby until a RHAC staff member comes to greet you
- RHAC staff will accompany individuals to and from designated service areas
- RHAC staff will wear a mask (or additional PPE as deemed necessary) for all service interactions
RHAC remains committed to the safety for its staff, service users, and guests and we will continue to monitor the impact of our service expansion and adjust approaches as necessary.
Thanks and we look forward to providing these expanded services to members of our community.